In the body, pregnant women tend to happen more changes. Hormonal adapts to child developing normally, the woman is greatly increased in size and fast weight gain, which suffer from the leg.
In addition, varicose veins can cause itself to the growing uterus, which compresses the organs and the veins around them and can cause their deformation. Many women during pregnancy find the appearance of veins on the legs, which, if left untreated, it can progress to severe complications.
Varicose veins is a disease in which is its deformation, the veins to swell and elongate. Many believe that varicose veins is a cosmetic flaw that cannot be treated, this statement is absolutely not true. Varicose is a very serious pathology, which has to be carefully monitored in pregnancy, otherwise there is a danger for the life of the mother and the child.
This pathology is very common in women, especially pregnant women. If it is the first manifestation of the disease, which has appeared in the last stages of pregnancy, the treatment still need to start as well as after birth, may be a strong deterioration.
There are several reasons why you may see varicose veins in pregnant women:
- A large set of weights, in this case, the legs are experiencing unbearable pressure and vessels, which can warp.
- A sedentary mode of life, which occur in the tissues of stagnant processes. It is important to understand that pregnancy is a physiological process, not a disease, so we can't eat all day and sleep, you will have to move.
- Genetic predisposition. Varicose veins in pregnancy often occurs in women whose parents suffered from a similar disease.
- Wearing shoes with high heels can cause varicose veins, also in non-pregnant women, uncomfortable shoes, stress on the spine and legs is greatly increased and increases the risk for atherosclerosis. In addition, during pregnancy, wearing high heels, you can wrap a fall and serious injury, which will include a variety of complications.
- If a woman has a capillary net been before pregnancy, during pregnancy, the situation can quickly deteriorate.
- Carrying of heavy loads, especially during pregnancy, can dramatically worsen the condition of the vessel.
It is important to realize that the pregnant woman's body is daily undergoing a great stress, therefore, it is necessary to take appropriate preventive measures in the healthy women before the spider veins will start to appear. Otherwise you will have a long and painstaking treatment to get rid of cosmetic defects, pain, and do not cause serious complications.
During pregnancy varicose veins can occur in several forms:
- Varicose veins in pregnancy in groin is a common disease, the top cause is hormonal changes. In the period of pregnancy greatly increases the amount of female sex hormone, as a result of this, it seems, varicose veins labia during pregnancy. At the same time in the groin, itching, skin seems to be dry on the surface and may be visible to the vascular mesh. If this pathology left untreated, the blood vessels can be damaged and cause heavy bleeding.
- Varicose veins of small pelvis during pregnancy is a serious disease that can cause a lot of complications. In this case, it can affect the uterus and vagina, and the reason is that those hormones in addition, vessels are to work in a dual power, to ensure proper nutrition for the fetus. Pelvic varicose veins can be passed without symptoms, pathology usually detected on an ultrasound, so it is important to be registered in female consultation and review.
- Varicose veins on the legs during pregnancy is the most frequent disease.
Regardless of the appearance of varicose veins, the woman must undergo treatment to reduce the risk of serious complications.
In most cases, varicose veins are shows only in the last months of pregnancy. At first, the woman does not feel any discomfort, but can appear pale vasculature and the stars, which not everyone pays attention.
Usually appear the following symptoms:
- Tired legs during the movement. Many patients take such a symptom as the norm, it is only logical that if you increase the weight on the leg, can be tired. In fact, without excessive fatigue should not be, a healthy woman from such a symptom is usually not affected. Leg fatigue is a reason to make an appointment to phlebologist.
- Cramps at night. This symptom is very common in pregnant women, but for some reason, many gynecologists do not refer patients for exam, and prescribed vitamins. Indeed, with an unbalanced diet and lack of minerals can cause cramps, but for the determination of the exact cause for this unpleasant symptom, is to check the blood vessels.
- Pain pain in the legs, often for no particular reason. Sometimes legs can hurt for the last time, if the woman has been gone for a long time, temporary fatigue is the norm. But, if the pain is troubling the future mommy every day and for no particular reason, the doctor-phlebologist, you need to contact is necessary, without waiting for visible signs of disease.
- Edema is a satellite-based 90% of pregnancy. If exceptionally swollen feet, be sure to check out the vessels.
- A lot of weight muscle, stiffness in movement — these symptoms say about your current blood flow, which is sure to be complicated varicose veins, if you do not take any measures.
- Feet start to stink. One of the symptoms of varicose veins is increased sweating of the feet due to inadequate blood circulation from the foot can smell bad. Sweating in conjunction with other unpleasant sensations, which can indicate the presence of a variety of diseases and infectious diseases.
A lot of women, after reading the above symptoms, I think, that at least one of them is found in any pregnant. This is true, but not all of the women, appears to suffer from varicose veins. These symptoms may indicate the presence of a number of other diseases, or normal variant. Just be sure that there is no pathology, each pregnant woman in the preventive purposes it is necessary to visit your doctor for a period of more than 20 weeks and again after 30 weeks, especially if something is bothering you.
Properly diagnose the disease a doctor can. In no case should not be treated with a gynecologist or doctor if they do not have the relevant diploma and work experience. Other specialists may give General instructions for the relief of symptoms, but such treatment will not cure the problem and nor will you be able to suspend the development of complications, and in addition, if you want to exclude.
When you visit a phlebologist must clearly tell me about all your complaints, what bothers and what time, what may be connected. It is important to know about friends who have been diagnosed with varicose veins. The doctor will be the latest ultrasound, which are the future mother.
On the basis of the history and external examinations, the doctor makes a diagnosis of varicose veins, if available. To confirm the correct diagnosis pregnant will be directed to vascular ultrasonography, by which the doctor can see the status of blood flow and the circulatory system for the detection of blood clots, deformation.
Many patients wondering if the doctor found varicose veins on the legs during pregnancy, what to do with it, how to heal, not to hurt the child. It is important to note that the earlier a pregnant woman asking for help, the easier it will be to cure the disease, without harmful drugs.
Pregnant women very rarely prescribe medication as well as surgery, as it's the first thing to protect the unborn child. But, if the disease is detected in the advanced stage, no treatment is not enough, as the complications that can develop before the baby comes to this world, which is very dangerous for life itself and the mother.
- The first mother is required to buy a special compression garment and wear it every day. Panty hose, tights, stockings and socks for pregnant women are an excellent method for the prevention and treatment of varicose veins in the early stages. These have a different pressure on the leg, which increases from the top to the bottom, is allowed to normally push the blood, not allowing it to accumulate at the bottom, and vessels for expansion.
- Exercise for pregnant women, suffer from varicose veins, it is a great way to build up in the legs blood circulation without interference, reduce swelling and relieve pain, and improve General situation.
- In the complicated forms of varicose veins pregnant prescribed to wear a special therapeutic knit. This works enough pressure on the affected area, compresses the veins, decreasing swelling and pain.
- The medicinal product is prescribed in the cases where the expected benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risk to the fetus. All medicines and doses only choose a doctor, no self medication during pregnancy can not be considered.
- Surgical intervention in pregnant women is shown only in the presence of complications such as blood clots, which can be life-threatening and ulcers. To eliminate cosmetic defects during pregnancy surgery is contraindicated.
- Folk remedies can be used as a prevention, suitable for a relaxing foot bath, massage with a moisturizer. For the treatment of varicose veins folk remedies alone is not worth it, you must first pass the exam and consult a doctor. If the specialist agrees selected methods in comprehensive treatment, they can be used.
Tactics of the delivery of the select doctors on the basis of the condition of the patient. If the disease is mild and serious complications are not expected, can be natural childbirth. In this case, as prophylaxis during delivery is necessary to wear compression socks or wrap the feet with an elastic bandage. Such measures, which will help to avoid thrombosis of the lower extremities.
If the solidification of the blood of the patient is broken and there is a risk of blood clots and other serious diseases that can be displayed caesarean section. In some cases, prescribe medicine to improve the condition in the blood, and can be done natural childbirth.
Many worried about life after birth, what to do next and you take with varicose veins in the military. The disease after pregnancy itself is not transferred, so a woman should continue to be treated by a doctor. On the question, not varicose veins in the army, it is difficult to answer. It depends on the degree of disease, and diseases of the circulatory system, in some cases, a person may be suitable.
The prevention of varicose veins during pregnancy is the proper way of life. Women need to eat healthy but not overeat, to lead a moderately active lifestyle. Should spend some time in the fresh air every day and perform exercise for pregnant women.
In order to reduce the risk of varicose veins in the last stages, and during childbirth can wear a special compression underwear for pregnant women. In addition, compression socks and tights, will help to relieve swelling, leg fatigue in long walks.