Varicose veins of the pelvis, which is a common pathological condition characterized by long and exhausting pain in the abdomen. Often this type of varicose veins occur in women aged 25 — 45 years.
If not properly diagnosed, patients taking different types of drugs in the treatment of inflammatory diseases, but the pain did not pass. Often appear at the end of the menstrual cycle or after prolonged heavy exercise.
The causes of the disease
This disease may occur due to the following factors:
- circulatory disorders in pregnancy in the organs of small pelvis ;
- the constant wearing of gravity and forced prolonged standing or sitting;
- some of the features of sexual life and the wrong of contraception (e.g., coitus interruptus;
- hereditary predisposition (weak vessel walls);
- change the shape of the uterus;
- the cause for the development of the disease, which often becomes pregnant.
Patients complain that it is not severe pain in the abdomen.
The symptoms and severity of the
The presence of varicose veins of small pelvis may mean that the number of characters. Chief among them are causeless pain in the lower part of the abdomen, pelvic area, often they are given in the lower back or in the crotch.
The most common symptoms of varicose veins of the small pelvis are:
- Permanent pain syndrome of the lower part of the abdomen, caused by repeated static and dynamic loads.
- At the end of the menstrual cycle increases the pain.
- Due to emotional stress, physical fatigue, and cooling often experience pain crises.
- Through sexual intercourse there is discomfort, severe pain in the region of vagina and vulva, sometimes the pain remains and after it.
- On the back of the thighs, the buttocks and in the area of the perineum venous nodules appear.
Faced with these symptoms, you should immediately contact a specialist. As this disease can have many unpleasant consequences:
- impaired activity of the reproductive system organs.
- varicose veins can be a contraindication to natural childbirth;
- the feeling of anxiety and irritability;
- there is fear of sexual intercourse.
To diagnose varicose veins of the pelvis is not easy. At the beginning of this diseases put a wrong diagnosis and therefore prescribed the wrong treatment, which leads to complications. Some doctors perform unnecessary surgery to remove the uterus, the resulting loss of reproductive and menstrual function.
In our time, diagnosis has been improved. To identify the disease, carried out a comprehensive review of women. The doctor met with a patient who complains of pain of vague origin, explains the factors leading to the emergence of pain syndrome, examines the leg of the patient, to determine whether the lower limb manifestations of varicose veins. If necessary, send the patient to the vascular surgeon for advice.
Methods of diagnosis:
- ultrasound examination of small organs the pelvis and lower extremities that allow you to view the uterus, ovaries, and bladder, and see if it is varicose veins of the pelvic organs.
- a special study to identify the characteristics of the circulation of the blood in the vascular formations which were located in this area
- venography, showing the location of the blood clots.
- the diagnostic process (which took place in contentious cases, to exclude the presence of disease and accurate diagnosis).
The stage of the disease
Varicose disease of the veins of the pelvis and is divided into three phases:
- The first phase is characterized by the veins increase in diameter up to 5 mm from the upper edge of the left ovarian way, to spread. Primary varicose veins in the pelvis are usually associated with acquired or congenital valvular insufficiency of the veins of the ovaries.
- In the second stage is characterized by the vein increased in diameter up to 10 mm. Cover the left ovary. There varicose uterine vein and right ovarian.
- In the third stage is characterized by the vein increased in diameter more than 10 mm. At this stage it is varicose of the right ovary, which is close in diameter to the left. The cause for varicose veins are tertiary gynaecological pathology in a variety of tumors.
Treatment is prescribed depending on the stage of the disease.
In the diagnosis of the first or second stage, typically, the use of drug therapy and physiotherapy. With varicose veins the third stage of the operation.
How is the treatment of varicose veins of the pelvis
The disease can diagnose and treat the cardiovascular surgeon.
In the conservative treatment of varicose veins of the pelvis is treated individually, depending on the stage of the disease.
The first stage is to be used only conservative technology: compression devices, medications, and therapeutic exercises that help:
- normalizing venous tone;
- prevent congestion in the veins of the small pelvis;
- to improve the tissue trophism.
In the treatment the doctor prescribes ointments which receive funding to help improve the condition of the blood.
Drug therapy is used only in periods of deterioration.
Conservative treatment must include:
- Education for normal conditions of work and rest, which exclude physical exertion and prolonged stay of the patient in the upright position.
- Correction of the diet. In this disease a very useful diet — a healthy diet with a sufficient amount of fiber needed to prevent constipation. Also cannot do without animal protein, helps to restore of venous walls.
- Complete rejection of alcohol and nicotine.
- Compulsory wearing medical socks. Contributing to the improvement of outflow of blood from the venous plexus of the perineum and buttocks, but also from the veins of the lower extremities.
- A daily shower.
- Physical handling exercises are mostly lying down.
- Breathing exercises.
Drug therapy is used only in periods of deterioration. Usually the doctor will prescribe special medications. Help to reduce the intensity of the pain and get rid of the other symptoms.
Thanks for the conservative treatment to achieve long-term remission of the disease, it improves the quality of life of patients.
If the effect of the conservative treatment is not effective, useful surgical treatment. As you know, operational methods are always associated with risk, therefore, is the timely treatment to the doctor will allow to avoid surgical intervention.