Varicose veins is a disease in which develop changes in the blood vessels leading to the heart, namely the arteries. There is elongation and dilatation, as well as significant thinning of the venous walls. Varicose veins are often accompanied by the formation of "knots" due to the pathological changes in the blood vessels.
According to research, 1 in 3 women and 1 in 10 men as a pathology. This disease most often begins to develop at the age of 30-40 years.
The main cause of this disease are:
- genetic predisposition (varicose veins often develop in people who in the pedigree, who already have cases of these diseases);
- bad habits (e.g. Smoking);
- gender identity (for example, in women, the disease develops much more frequently because of pregnancy, hormonal drugs, wearing shoes with heels and other reasons);
- increased pressure in the veins (develops due to a sedentary lifestyle, excess weight and also from the frequent statistical burdens, while standing).
Varicose veins can not only affect the veins of the lower extremities, but also on the whole body. So, we distinguish the following types:
- Varicose veins of the lower extremities;
- congenital diseases of the parks-Weber, in which there is a lot of aneurysms and fistulas;
- secondary varicose veins that are manifested by thrombosis in the subclavian and axillary veins;
- varicose veins of the pelvic organs, including reproductive organs (for example, if a varicocele);
- some of the other types of varicose veins.
Due to the fact that varicose veins can affect almost all the venous vessels of the person must be carried out regularly to prevent these diseases, and if it will go forward.
The prevention of varicose veins
Unfortunately, varicose veins, refers to chronic diseases, and therefore, "goes toe-to-toe" man throughout his life. Without the prevention of the disease can lead to the development of more serious complications.
Prevention has two goals:
- This is necessary for those who are not yet faced with the defeat of the veins to avoid.
- Need and to those who already have this pathology, in order to enable its flow and reduces the likelihood of relapses (exacerbations) and complications.
The prevention of varicose veins
- It is advisable not to make too many hot baths, but a sauna or a long time in the sun in the heat. This leads to a decrease in venous tone, which will surely lead to stagnation in the legs.
- Lead an active lifestyle, you need to move a lot. So, regular exercise will not only help to strengthen blood vessels, but also improves the condition of the body. To prevent varicose veins perfect moderate aerobics, swimming, Biking or Running. However contraindicated to do the hard work, and you lift too many heavy things.
- How to get rid of excess weight. People with a large amount of body fat that are more prone to this disease because their body is circulating more blood than people with normal weight. This is the reason why there is a strong pressure on the blood vessels. In order to reduce the pressure on the venous vessels were smaller, fat people definitely need to get rid of extra pounds, and stick to the proper diet. As a menu, it is desirable to minimize the use of too much spicy food. Animal fats are recommended to be replaced with vegetable oils.
- May not wear a lot of tight clothing, socks or stockings with tight elastic, as it can greatly put pressure on the veins, thereby disturbing the blood circulation.
- While sitting it is impossible to throw a leg over the other, because in this posture also hampers normal blood flow.
- Very negative impact on the veins and prolonged stay in a standing position. If you do standing work, they often try to move. No less harmful is a permanent establishment.
- You should normalize the power. So, regular constipation and intestinal dysbiosis can lead to the development of varicose veins. You need to include in the menu foods rich in fiber, which helps improve the intestinal motility, that is, digestion in General.
- Women should take as little as possible to wear tight shoes and high heeled shoes. If you can't abandon these shoes, the heel should not be more than 3-4 sentimentality in height.
- After severe stands or sits to wash his feet with cold water, which allows vessels that are still in good shape. Also useful are baths with the addition of boron and salt. You can pour with cold water and feet in the morning.
- The prevention of varicose veins includes avoiding harmful habits, namely Smoking, which has a negative impact not only on the status of the vessels, but for the entire human body.
- A great preventive remedy for this disease is considered to be a gentle massage. This massage can be performed independently, stroking the skin of the lower extremities from below upwards, and then back for 10 minutes. This self-massage is very useful in combination with a massage of the spine, which carries out a professional chiropractor or massage therapist.
- Prevention of venous dilatation also involves taking specific medicines, which maintain venous tone.
- Try to get rid of chronic fatigue and frequent stress.
- Doctors advise to avoid overheating and cold.
- In the presence of varicose veins must be at least 2-times per year visit a doctor-phlebologist, who will monitor the status of the veins and the development of the stages of the disease.
You need the prevention of varicose veins? The answer is "Yes". Fortunately, this disease refers to those diseases that can be prevented, and if so it shows that do not allow for the further development and even reduce its symptoms.
A proper diet for varicose veins
Unfortunately, since the treatment of varicose veins, pay a little attention to diet. Although, also a thin man with a predisposition to the disease must review your diet to eliminate unhealthy foods and add it to the menu useful. If the doctor advised to follow a special diet, be sure to listen, especially when varicose veins of the limbs, is very gentle.
Varicose veins of internal organs usually require a special meal, but we will not stop, because it is nearly always individual diet depending on the complication of some underlying diseases actually become your varicose veins.
What foods not to eat with varicose veins
This is all that markedly affect the composition and viscosity of the blood, but in the first row:
- Meat and fried food.
- Foods with a high fat content.
- The simple carbohydrates.
- Black tea and coffee.
- Products with preservatives.
Not required, to abandon completely the above, the second principle should be to reduce the use of these products to the minimum. For example, to buy a pork and lamb, and lean beef or rabbit, and roast them, and boiled, steamed or baked on the grill without fat and trying to keep the roasting to a minimum. One Cup of coffee per day or a glass of wine on occasion will not hurt, but black tea can be replaced with herbal. The candy can be easily replaced with dried fruit (in moderation). Food products with preservatives in this abundance of products on the market and the availability of refrigerators, in most cases, it is easy to change naturally.
The prevention of varicose veins with the help of proper nutrition
Selection of products for human consumption, you need to opt for those that help to reduce weight and reduce swelling, strengthen blood vessels, reduce blood viscosity and reduce blood pressure. This:
- Water. You need to drink 2-2,5 liters of fluid a day. That it is not necessarily only water, considered drinks with her juices, compotes, herbal teas, etc.
- Vegetable cellulose, i.e. vegetables and cereals. These products should be the basis of your food, especially since their selection is huge, and the dishes from them. To provide energy, prevents the increase of insulin in the blood and helps the intestines.
- Berries and fruits, fiber is also, also, much more importantly — a source of vitamins.
- Dry fruits – involved in blood clotting and serves a delicious and healthy substitute for candy.
- Spices – curry, ginger, thyme, turmeric, etc Before incorporating them in the diet, not consult with a physician because of the acute varicose contraindicated, however, are the spices that have a beneficial effect on the properties of blood and the doctor will tell you what is useful in your case.
- Nuts and legumes contain vitamin E (tocopherol) and vegetable protein. Use caution, because this is a fairly high-calorie foods (especially nuts).
- Fish and seafood (including seaweed) – natural suppliers of omega-3 unsaturated fats and minerals. These substances improve immunity, and promote the resorption of cholesterol.
It is also worth regularly eat sprouted wheat is a cheap supplier of amino acids and vitamins. This can be eaten just like that or add to salads, especially fresh.
Everything stated above is meaningless if the person who is overweight. It deepens and complicates varicose veins, symptoms and treatment of this chronic disease. It is therefore most important the prevention of varicose veins, this is the proper lifestyle and proper nutrition. Practice shows that is weight loss just a few pounds, it will bring serious help for the sick. Legs less tired, swelling, and pain disappear. It is important to lose weight gradually and under the supervision of phlebology, and not only to lose weight, but also exercise to strengthen muscles and tighten skin.
The prevention of varicose veins with the help of physical education
Exercise is one of the highlights, as it allows to stop the disease without resorting to medication for treatment. However, as well as nutrition, movement and sport should be agreed with your doctor. The best sport in this disease is swimming. It helps to exercise, avoiding excessive load on the extremities. Plus, the water itself is a good coach – it makes the muscles and the skin that is in good shape, improves blood circulation.
But not all and not everywhere have the opportunity to swim or Aqua aerobics. Nothing wrong, Running is also useful. Only wear compression socks, do not warm up exercises to warm up your muscles and work. If the disease is in the stage in which the more you run, walk. In particular, you can try norway's walking – with ski poles. This new sport is good because it helps to engage the muscles and the upper part of the torso, which means that the body receives the uniform load and the effect of improvement becomes more pronounced.
Just remember — the prevention and treatment of varicose veins should be carried out under the supervision of a physician and only he can say will help you running or better to choose another sport, but he will tell you how many time for this, and what load that is optimal for your body.