Typically quite often with varicose veins of the tested classical methods of treatment does not bring any positive results. In such cases, a doctor is only to offer the patient varicose vein removal by surgery.
Of course, this is a more radical method of treatment than the use of medicines and procedures. However, the current capabilities, which allow not only to return the extremities of an attractive appearance, but forget about the unpleasant symptoms.
Types of operations to remove the vessel
Many people worry about how to remove the veins in the varicose veins. There are more modern ways:
- Short (with minimal lose skin), Naphtha unifiner stripper. Vienna is removed, not entirely, but only its most affected part.
- The process of using a special cryogenic probes.
- Intravascular laser coagulation.
All of these techniques are considered minimally invasive. They cause the least damage to the patient's body and vascular system. In the postoperative period is very short.
Procedures allow a patient to quickly recover the normal state of health and return to normal life.
Removing varicose veins on the legs – not such a dangerous operation, as it is thought that many patients. The flow of blood in the body will recover quickly, due to the deep veins, because they are both able to transfer up to 90% of the total volume of blood.
Therefore, the additional load is only 10% of that before the operation accounted for surface vessels, not terrible for them. Options medicine today avoid large blood loss and reduce the time of healing microscopic cuts.
When can and when cannot perform the operation
Removal of varicose veins is recommended in such cases:
- Pathological dilation of the veins running under the skin.
- Extensive varicose veins.
- Associated with varicose veins, swelling and fatigue of the extremities.
- The presence of wounds, trophic ulcers.
- Impaired outflow of blood from the extremities.
- The acute form of thrombosis.
Veins removal of varicose veins by surgery is not possible in the presence of such indicators:
- The neglect of varicose veins (to later stages).
- The presence of hypertension.
- Some types of heart disease (ischemia).
- Infectious diseases.
- Lesions on the skin (eczema, erysipelas, etc).
- All the time of pregnancy.
- For the older age group of patients surgical intervention will also be prohibited.
If the patient presents with an allergic intolerance to any medicines (e.g. products containing iodine), be sure to tell your doctor in preparation for surgery. Indeed, the presence of a serious reaction can cause a variety of complications, to angioedema and death.
The characteristics of the preparatory phase and the operating
To prepare for such an activity, as is the removal of varicose veins on the legs – a video where you can see the advance, you must do the following:
- To take a shower.
- Carefully shave off the hair on their legs.
- If the skin is any damage, abscesses, to cure them completely.
- If General anesthesia the day before surgery no enemas for cleansing the body.
- Select comfortable clothing and footwear.
Duration of action is small – up to 2 hours, depending on the complexity. In a surgical procedure would remove the affected vein. The incision for the extraction of the vessel on the outside are usually small to a few millimeters.
Can be used both for local and General anesthesia – depending on the preferred method of operation.
What to do during the rehabilitation period
After surgery, experts suggest that you use some time compression (socks, stockings) – up to 2 months. You need to wear throughout the day, until the re-establishment of blood flow after the surgery. At the same time need to take medication to accelerate the healing process.
After surgery to remove varicose veins, it is not advisable to lie down for a long time, still. On the contrary – what you need to start to develop the muscles of the body, including the legs. You can slightly lift the bed from the lower extremities.
The foot in the first days of using the dressing with an elastic bandage from the foot up to the kneecap. This is necessary to determine the position of the veins. Every movement involving the legs is possible only after the bandaging or wearing of compression underwear. It is also used to prevent the implementation of physical therapy and mild forms of massages.
Removal of stitches takes place after 7-9 days after surgery. Later, they are almost fully tightened, leaving no visible traces. After that the permitted water treatment.
Surgery is the most effective method for the removal of varicose veins. However, it should be borne in mind that this does not protect against relapse. Therefore, you should always take medical advice on the prevention of the recurrence of varicose veins.