Deep varicose veins in the legs – severe form of venous insufficiency that develops in middle age. Almost invisible when viewed from the outside. In the absence of treatment leads to the development of dangerous complications is thrombophlebitis and venous ulcers.
Leg is the entire system of vessels. They are divided into superficial and deep. The latter are located deep in the muscles. As a surface, they are susceptible to the development of varicose changes. This is due to the following reasons:
- Genetic predisposition;
- Unhealthy lifestyle — physical inactivity, unhealthy diet, Smoking;
- Hormonal disorders in the body;
A deep varicose veins is always combined with the surface, as the first to suffer the upstream vessels.
In the presence of superficial varicose veins on the legs and a notable degradation is necessary to consult a doctor for examination of the deep veins.
Symptoms of varicose veins deep veins of the lower extremities, are rare. During a visual inspection of all of the changes you cannot see, because the vessels lie deep under the muscles.
The patient with varicose veins deep veins will complain:
- A permanent discomfort in the legs;
- Strong fatigue in the evening;
- Swelling that grows the end of the day;
- Cramps in calf muscles at night.
Gradually, the discomfort it comes to pain, that torment a person throughout the day. External signs correspond with the damage to the veins that lie superficially. These include blueness of the skin, characterized by spider veins or thick blood vessels. The skin on the feet becomes dry, scaly. Often occurs dermatitis, sores and abrasions that do not heal for a long time. Below are photos of varicose veins deep veins of the lower extremities.
Symptoms of varicose veins deep veins
Varicose veins deep veins, which is typical for the development of phlebothrombosis and thrombophlebitis. The first condition is the formation of blood clots on the inner surface of the vascular wall. In the second case, not only the formation of blood clots, and inflammation of the varicose veins.
Both of these conditions are dangerous breakaway blood clots and hit in vital arteries. In particular, it is often pulmonary embolism – pulmonary embolism.
The diagnosis of deep varicose veins, is determined by the doctor. Palpation of the veins will not help to determine the varicose veins deep vessels. For this are various functional tests and instrumental methods of research.
Instrumental diagnosis of deep varicose veins include:
- Ultrasound examination of the veins;
- In plethysmography.
In most cases, the diagnosis is only one method.
After diagnosis, the patient is administered the appropriate treatment of varicose veins of the deep veins in the legs. This is the medical and surgical methods.
External treatment ointments and gels for varicose deep veins of the legs effectively. Medications do not penetrate to such a depth that reach the vascular wall. Therefore, systemic therapy:
- Medicine for veins;
- Means to strengthen the vascular walls.
- Means of improving microcirculation.
The drug is taken for a long time, 3-6 months. Doctors recommend monthly to monitor the level of coagulation to prevent bleeding complications.
Drugs for systemic effects from varicose veins deep vein
Obligatorily compression therapy. Wearing the special elastic knit for the feet – socks, pantyhose, socks, elastic bandages. All of these products vary depending on the compression rate, that is, compression of muscles and the circulatory system. The compression rate should be the selected physician individually for each patient. Wearing therapeutic underwear is recommended every day from morning to evening. Reduces swelling and leg fatigue, provides a normal flow of blood through the veins.
The main treatment of deep varicose veins on the legs is the use of surgical methods:
- Sclerotherapy. The essence of the method lies in the fact that the vessel material, which is introduced, sticking to the wall. As a result, Vienna off from the bloodstream and is gradually replaced by connective tissue. Used to be in the early stages of the disease;
- Laser coagulation. The laser beam is the destruction of the venous wall, she collapses and is eliminated from the blood circulation;
- Phlebectomy. The method includes the removal of changed veins the legs surgical – part of the vessel cut out and create the anastomosis. To be used in the large deformation of the vascular wall.
After surgery mandatory assigned wearing compression hosiery. Massage and physiotherapy are set out in the absence of contraindications. Commonly used non-pharmacological methods of treatment. Shows a contrast shower of the legs, moderate physical activity.
Also surgical treatment does not guarantee the complete absence of recurrence of varicose veins on the legs. Therefore, people with this disease must live a healthy lifestyle and preventive measures.
In addition to the traditional methods of treatment of varicose veins of the inner leg used folk remedies:
- A decoction of the seeds of the fennel – drink half a Cup per day, per month;
- Cool foot bath with calendula – to every evening for two weeks;
- Compress on the legs from the juice of the aloe do for the night within 10 days;
- A tincture of horse chestnut – take 60 drops per day in a month.
The comprehensive treatment helps to slow down the progression of varicose veins deep veins and to prevent the development of dangerous complications, such as thrombophlebitis and venous ulcers.
Varicose veins deep veins of the lower extremities – pathology, which applies to vessels passing in the muscle tissue. Elongated and dilated veins impede blood flow and cause thrombosis. The danger of this condition is in the probability of detachment of a blood clot and its contact with the pulmonary artery.
Factors leading to the development of pathology
Pathological changes in the deep veins develop due to:
- long reception of hormonal preparations;
- weakness of the vein walls and valves caused by genetic factor;
- excess weight;
- increased physical load;
- changes in a woman's body during pregnancy;
- the static load on the lower limbs;
- pronounced cellulite;
- serious violations of the immune system;
- the permanent pressure on the veins in the legs too tight clothing or shoes;
- allergic reactions;
- surgical interventions.
Deep varicose veins in the legs, which is the result of serious violations of blood circulation in this area. Under these conditions, it can occur ulcers, which can lead to the development of gangrene is a condition that requires amputation.
Also varicose veins the deep veins can cause deformation of the muscles, legs, blood clot, and its separation with subsequent penetration in the pulmonary artery. It is fraught with fatal outcome.
Symptoms of varicose veins deep veins of the lower extremities
The pathology is expressed in the following symptoms:
- the appearance of the vascular network;
- swelling of the lower extremities, which is particularly pronounced in the second half of the day and before bedtime;
- the increase of the feet volumes;
- the sensation of pain, weight, bursting open from the inside in the region of the calf muscles, especially this symptom, which is manifested by prolonged walking or sitting in one place.
- severe dry skin, formation of age spots.
- cramps in the legs, which often occur at night;
- a burning sensation in the lower extremities;
- formation of trophic ulcers;
- changed the bulging veins in the hips, leg, legs during exercise.
For each level of the development of the pathology and symptoms have different severity:
- For the first of them is characterized by the absence of external manifestations. However, the outflow of blood already, and therefore the person has cramps in the legs and not too pronounced swelling.
- In the second phase, the tissues, swelling, become more pronounced in the legs there is a lot of weight. The seal in the extremities are not felt on palpation.
- In the third stage is the disruption of the microcirculation, which is associated with failure of the valves of the vessels. On the surface of the skin appear blue dots and erosion, the skin becomes dry. The vessel of the eye swells, the pain becomes highly durable.
- The fourth stage is the most dangerous. In this case it is an infection of the limbs that is associated with the formation of non-healing venous ulcers.
In the absence of treatment develops an inflammatory process, which takes place on the inner walls of the blood vessels – thrombosis. Under such conditions the formation of blood clots.
Pathology is carried out in the following diagnostic procedures:
- Ultrasound examination of the leg veins. With this method, visualize the vessels and determine the degree of development of the pathological process.
- General blood and urine.
- Venography. For this event it is necessary to introduction in the vein of a substance that contains iodine. This allows a clear view of pathologically changed vessels on the images.
- Photos. The procedure is performed to assess the functionality of the veins.
- Venous occlusive plethysmography. Allows you to measure the volume of blood in the veins of the lower extremities.
After the assessment of the condition of the patient is prescribed the appropriate treatment.
Treatment of varicose veins deep veins
The safest and the most efficient method of treatment is surgery. Drug therapy can only be a complement to the surgical procedure.
Conservative treatment is to use:
- drugs-anticoagulants, thinning the blood and preventing blood clots;
- anti-inflammatory drugs to reduce inflammation;
- medicines that are in the benefit structure of the walls of blood vessels and the restoration of the disrupted blood flow – these medicines are available in the form of tablets as well as ointments and gels for local use;
- fibrinolitikov, which is injected intravenously to dissolve small blood clots and cleaning the venous bed from substances which hinder the transport process.
Surgical treatment is necessary if conservative methods do not work, and the pathological process is characterized by a predisposition for the development of serious complications.
Contra-indications for surgery:
- diseases of the heart and the circulatory system;
- infectious diseases;
- age of 60 years;
- the presence of rash on the skin, with items that are filled with purulent content;
With varicose veins deep leg veins are the following types of activities:
- Sclerotherapy. The method comprises the introduction into the damaged veins, sticky substances, which fully covers its lumen. Gradually the vessel is excluded from the systemic blood flow and be replaced by connective tissue. In severe forms of varicose veins sclerotherapy is often so, because at this scale there is almost no effect.
- Phlebectomy. The essence of the process is to remove the affected area in the vein. This method is mainly used for the treatment of superficial veins, but can also be used to treat internal vessels of the heart and the circulatory system.
- Laser coagulation. The vascular network are the rays, that the heat effect may cause destruction of the vascular wall.
The choice of individual methods, depending on how pronounced the pathological process.
In order to prevent the development of varicose veins deep veins of the lower extremities, you need to:
- to refuse to accept alcoholic beverages, Smoking;
- wear comfortable stable shoes, no high heels;
- wear compression socks, which strengthens and supports weakened veins;
- to normalize body weight;
- reduce consumption of fatty foods of animal origin;
- do morning exercises, exercise;
- abandon the physical exercise that cause tension in the lower extremities.
People whose professional activity involves permanent residence of the body in one position, it is necessary to perform handling exercises in a day.
To do so:
- for a few minutes to arrange the legs so that they were above the level of the body (you can throw them on a chair);
- from a sitting position to do 20 extensor movements of each leg, trying to keep the muscles of each leg, the maximum strained and relaxed;
- marching in place, simulating walking;
- stand on tiptoe, to stay for a few seconds, then roll to the heel, repeat several times.
It is also useful to prevent, to carry out drainage, massage. This is a simple, but effective. You will need:
- for massaging the limbs, gently rubbing, moving from the foot to the knee;
- squeeze the legs with your fingers, clasping them side-surface of the heel: alternately compression and relaxing the fingers, move up to the knee;
- RUB palms with the extremities, moving from the right edge to the left.
Varicose veins deep veins of the lower extremities is a dangerous disease that can cause blood clots and cause death of the patient. To prevent this, you need to start treatment as soon as possible and, if necessary, use a surgical method of getting rid of the problem.