Today is one of the most common vascular disease, is recognized as varicose veins. Treatment of this nasty and insidious disease, is through a variety of ways.
Until a few decades ago, only surgical intervention can reduce the patient from such ailments as varicose veins. Treatment with modern methods is painless, less dangerous to human health.
Treatment of varicose veins, surgery is not always possible. There are several contra-indications, in which even the most complex stage of the varicose veins you have to treat is conservative.
Among the contraindications are congenital characteristics such as heart defects, a personal refusal of the patient before surgery, for a variety of reasons: out of fear, religious reasons. In this case, doctors need to look for another way out – to use the method of therapeutic treatment.
Treatment of choice not only for those patients that have any contra-indications, but also for those who have:
- The disease is in an early stage of development.
- Valve insufficiency in the deep veins.
- Small varicose veins.
Treatment of varicose veins with conservative should solve the main task – to slow down the ongoing process and the further development of the disease. Therefore, patients are assigned to:
- The imposition of elastic bandages on the affected vein or of the whole of the affected limb. Women should use special elastic nylon socks or stockings.
- To ensure your feet in the elevated position for better blood flow, several times a day, last time before bedtime. During sleep, put under the leg pads. If the work place then under your feet to establish a small base, high chair, box.
- The complex flexor and extensor exercises on the knee and ankle joints. These exercises allow you to more difficult to pump the venous blood by the action of the muscles.
- Sclerotherapy – in the case where the extension is subject to the small blood vessels.
- Wear shoes with a low, hard-soled shoes. The shoes should be comfortable.
Varicose veins do not wear constricting things constricting the circular the principle of the thigh or legs, which hinder the already weak venous outflow.
Treatment of varicose veins with use of elastic bandages
Compression support elastic bandages and special stockings, panty hose, tights, socks, knee pads and other articles of toilet, helping to speed up the flow of blood in the deep veins. Due to the elastic compression improves microcirculation of the saphenous veins goes the extra blood, does not occur swelling, normalize tissue metabolism.
The desired effect of an elastic bandage can only be achieved with the correct use of the feet. The bandage is used in the morning, before getting out of bed. You need to bandage from the toes to the thigh, while a careful understanding of the heel and ankle. In the superimposed layers of the bandage, so that the subsequent half overlaps the previous one or in other words, overlap.
Bandages in the sale of a lot. For myself need to choose the right, not only in quality, but with the desired level of compression. Of course it is better if the bandage is made of certified knitted fabric, specially designed for use in therapeutic purposes. The degree of compression from the bandage, which can be from 1 to 4. The difference between them in pressure, which the bandage works on the surface of the leg at least 20 mm of mercury. article 1 level and a maximum of 60 mm mercury. St. – therefore, - 4 compression.
Ointment varicose veins
Ointments are also an excellent external remedy in the treatment of varicose veins. The ointment is prepared on the basis of melted animal fat, pork, etc., and vegetable oils.
For the preparation of therapeutic agents, which are necessary for the 3 table. L. powder of medicinal plants: herbs celandine and clover, mint and eucalyptus, dandelion roots and Polygonum snake, flowers of clover, calendula and chamomile. Herbs for the production of powder must be taken in equal shares.
Pour in a mix of half Cup hot water and put on stove, bring boil, then boil for about 5 minutes. Hot soup is blended with vegetable oils and animal fat (75 g), cool and put in refrigerator for storage.
Treatment of varicose veins ointment home
Substrates for ointments that contain different ingredients. Here are some examples of fees. The figure marked a separate cost, which later is mixed with an ointment base, which will be discussed below.
That will be in each case the raw material in equal shares:
- Eucalyptus, lilac, celandine, melilot, chamomile, calendula, clover, fir needle, fir, flax seeds, dandelion roots, highlander movie snake (rhizome).
- Sage, primrose, bracelets, anklets, Icelandic moss, st. john's wort, meadowsweet, series, wormwood, rose petals, white willow bark, the flowers of horse chestnut.
- Thyme, chamomile, hyssop, sweet clover, Thistle, raspberries, walnuts, wild strawberry (leaves), oat straw, flowers of red clover.
- Woodruff, celandine, series, lilacs (leaves), plantain, mother and stepmother, white willow bark, mullein (flowers), clover, sainfoin, fir, alder (stem).
- Chicory (root), chamomile (flowers), calendula, Icelandic moss, meadowsweet, st. john's wort, mother and stepmother, bracelets, shoots of black nightshade.
The ointment bases and methods for the preparation of ointments
Each of the above costs can be prepared via the following options:
- 20 grams of herbal tea per 100 ml of water. Cook on low flame for 5 minutes, constantly stirring. Cool slightly. Add 75 ml of grease and any vegetable oil. Mix well. Store in the refrigerator.
- 30 grams of the herbal tea, 100 g grease or any vegetable oils. Mix. Keep on a water bath for 10 minutes, constantly stirring. Stir in 50 grams of Flaxseed. Ready grease in the fridge.
- 20 grams of herbal tea, 50 grams of Flaxseed, 500 ml of water, 150 ml of vegetable oil. All warm in a water bath for 15 minutes. The finished ointment stored in the refrigerator.
The use of ointments
Apply to the affected veins with a thick layer. If you want to hide the principle compress. Top roll up bandage. Change the dressing 3 times a day.
This method has become possible only in the year 1988. Until then, the only possible way of treatment of varicose veins seemed husking or removal of the diseased veins.
Before starting the description of the method of sclerotherapy, there is little emphasis on the development of the mechanism of the process of varicose.
Every major blood vessel has special valves that allow blood to flow only in the desired direction. In the case of reverse flow, the valves block the lumen of the vessel and the blood is forced again to move forward.
In the lower limbs has superficial and deep veins. The blood in the surface veins of the moves in the direction from outside-inside and bottom-up, deep – only from the bottom up.
When the valves for some reason fail in his obligations, the reverse current of the blood in the deep veins falls into the flow of the superficial veins, which last overflowed. The constant overflow of the superficial veins, leading to their expansion. As a result of this process is the development of chronic venous insufficiency.
This means, the way of sclerotherapy?
The essence of this method lies in the elimination of varicose veins, in General traffic, with the introduction of special substances called sclerosant. After the treatment of varicose "star", "mesh", "spiders" and veins, gradually disappear. "Stars" and other "ornaments" of varicose veins to go away takes about a month and a half, the blood vessels around 3-4 months.
With a special ultrasonic scanning apparatus for the execution of the study in the veins of the lower extremities, which reveal the city, which produce a backflow of venous blood. In the professional language of physicians, the reverse current of the liquid, called reflux.
Search and tagging markers return plan for the operation. This is performed under local anesthesia. At the points marked by the labels in the study, made holes or small indentations and harass the vessels. So restore the normal flow of venous blood.
After surgery the leg is placed in an elastic bandage. The patient is able to stand alone through the hours after surgery, and the next day he is discharged home for further work.
In the postoperative period in two months, you should wear compression socks. At the end of the second month of the recovery period, conduct a visual inspection of the operated site. In the next routine inspection should be carried out 2 times a year.
As is the practice in medicine, varicose veins, and following sclerotherapy, within two months of coming completely back to normal. Chronic venous insufficiency is also changing, to eliminate in whole or in part.
Indications for sclerotherapy
Treatment of varicose veins using sclerotherapy should be supported by evidence. These include:
- Adhesion, or the end of the game the individual compartments are enlarged veins in the initial stage, taking into account the negative specific probes Troyanova – Trendelenburg.
- Games at the end of the smaller veins that remain after the removal of the large veins of the thigh or lower leg.
Sclerotherapy is displayed in case when you need to combined treatment.
The contraindications for sclerotherapy serve pronounced varicose veins, more than 1 cm, thrombophlebitis, pustular disease, occlusive processes.
The type of sclerotherapy is the echo procedure, which allows to quickly and painlessly treat varicose veins. Treatment with this method is to use a duplex scanner. Thanks to this sensor, the doctor is able to cure even deep-seated veins.
The following types of is Foam sclerotherapy-a form. Treatment this method involves the use of foam concentrates.
Laser therapy is another way to get rid of this disease, such as varicose veins. Treatment in this case is performed with the use of laser devices. Laser treatment may reduce the healing time by several times. Laser treatment takes only 35-40 minutes, and this method does not require General anesthesia, allowing you to treat both feet at the same time, minimally traumatic tissue. Hospitalization in this case is not necessary.
Often this is a painless way is used in patients who suffer from chronic venous insufficiency, as well as to the people – the holders of venous ulcers on the legs. The Laser has the ability to "paste", "cut off" the walls of the affected vein. In the lumen of venous trunk with the aid of a special catheter is a special optical, promoting it to the veins – this is depending on what Vienna working at the moment. Then, under local anesthesia, after the detection of the connection with the deep veins carry out the work with the laser. In the context of pulling the fibres back with him in regular intervals serves the impulse radiation. In the end, the blood in the vein starts to boil, forming vapour bubbles, the venous wall is destroyed, gluing the lumen of the vessel. After that, the projection of the exposed vein roller set, wrap the page.
Intravenous laser – another method that has the ability to defeat varicose veins. Treatment by laser is as follows: in the affected vein type of led and laser radiation "glued" the vein. After some time, the affected veins completely disappear. This method is very costly, however for treatment often need only one treatment.
After some time after the treatment the patient is required to wear special underwear, and regular use of the visit phlebologist.
Leech therapy comes to aid in the treatment of many diseases. I can't download to the client, and varicose veins. Leech therapy is very effective in the initial stage of varicose veins. Typically assigned 5-6 sessions of treatment, after 3-4 months a series of sessions need to be repeated. The saliva of leeches contains a special enzyme that allow the affected veins to return to its original shape.