Varicose veins is a serious disease that can be cured completely by surgery. It is accompanied by pain, swelling in the legs and the appearance of a blue vascular network of the skin, which creates an obvious cosmetic defect.
It is better to follow the preventive measures and do not provoke the emergence of the disease. In this case, the leg will always be a bright, nice and well arranged. Preventive measures to prevent not only varicose veins, but also other serious diseases, such as inflammation of joints or connective tissue.
A balanced and healthy diet plays an important role in the prevention and treatment of varicose veins and other diseases. Good nutrition helps to saturate the body with beneficial vitamins and minerals to strengthen immunity and reduce the risk of Contracting various infectious diseases.
To prevent varicose veins, it is advisable to observe the following guidelines in the diet:
- There are at least 5 times a day, small portions. Breakfast must be the most dense and greasy, in the evening it is better to give preference to vegetables, protein dishes.
- Menu for today, should be balanced, that is, you need to consume a sufficient amount of protein, fat, carbohydrates, you cannot restrict yourself in a particular item.
- It is recommended to cook without adding oil, which is boiled, boiled, broiled and baked. Vegetable oil to add to salads.
- With varicose veins useful to eat food with plenty of fiber, these products have a positive influence on the elasticity of the blood vessels. These are fruits and vegetables, and also bran and cereals.
- With varicose veins of the right foods containing the following vitamins: E, C, P, and copper. They are found in vegetables, fruits, berries, nuts, fish and meat.
If you want to reduce the risk of varicose veins, it is recommended to eliminate or reduce the following products in the diet:
- Greasy and fried, with a large number of salt and spices. Such food can cause the occurrence of atherosclerosis and the subsequent complications, and edema;
- Alcohol, coffee and strong tea. These drinks widen the blood vessels in the muscles, frequent use can cause varicose veins.
- Sweets, which are consumed regularly, lead to overweight and, consequently, to the peaceful processes in the body tissues and the blood vessels. In addition, the additional weight creates greater load on the legs.
Often the cause of varicose veins is becoming overweight, therefore, more people are prone to diseases. To reduce your risk for health problems, try to adjust your diet and lose weight. In this case, it will reduce the pressure on the feet, muscles, joints and blood vessels will no longer suffer from excessive stress.
To reduce the risk of stagnating processes in the tissues and blood vessels will help regular exercise. Each person, it is advisable to start the day with morning exercises, this workout will help Wake up, warm up, thereby reducing the risk of frustrating injuries, but also for strengthening the body and heal it. It is also recommended to do yoga, and the heavy sports when varicose veins are contraindicated.
If the person who works sitting all day, several times per shift to do the warm-up — five-minutes. Such exercises will help to disperse the blood, not allowing it to thicken and stay down, while the muscles and vessels, which will come in the tones and usually begins to decline.
The following exercises are great for charging at work:
- You step, rolling the foot from heel to toe, or perform exercises while sitting, already at the top and gently stretching muscles.
- Stand on your tiptoes and hold for a few seconds.
- Sitting should be given to the foot at the heel and with a force to press on imaginary pedals;
- He sat down on a chair, with a flat back, you need to place the leg in front of you so that knees are bent at 90 degrees. In this position, marching forward, raising the knees high.
- You will need to sit on a chair and straighten your back, legs bent at the knee. Jamming his feet with effort, imagining that they are trying to breed back.
- He sat down on the chair and put his feet in front of you, you will need to press the whole foot on the floor, the maximum contraction of all muscles.
For the home-education is more appropriate the following exercises:
- Walking in place with high lifting hips. You must keep the back straight and smooth in place lifting knees as high as possible. If you are not sure, you can keep your balance with one hand holding the stick.
- You need to put the books on the floor and stand on her toes so that your heels are hanging. Keeping balance, lower and lift the heel.
- Very effective against varicose veins is known to all exercise birch.
- Lie down on your back, legs bent at the knees and pulled to her chest, and then rapidly straighten the legs and hold this position for a few seconds, then return to the starting position.
- Very effective stretching exercises. You can perform tilts down, the straight knee. Or sitting on the floor, legs dissolve in hand and straighten, to perform bending each leg and between them.
Compression socks is a great way to prevent varicose veins. It is more durable, eliminates the appearance of swelling and pain at the end of the day. Linen can be purchased in a pharmacy or orthopedic store and order via the Internet. This is a special technology, thanks to which underwear compresses the legs more at the bottom and weaker on top of that can prevent the stagnation of liquid at the bottom and slide it up.
The following people are recommended to wear compression underwear:
- Professional athletes and those who regularly trains in the gym.
- People who work in the office and spend a lot of time sitting;
- Loaders, and people who regularly wear a weight;
- People who spend the whole day on their feet;
- Women who often wear high heeled shoes;
- For persons whose age exceeds 50 years.
- Pregnant women and postnatal period;
- People who are overweight.
Very important correctly to choose and use compression socks. There are three types of clothes: socks, socks and tights. In addition, the underwear is divided into curative and preventive. Healthy people do not carry medical linen, because it's too tightens the leg, and to pick up it needs a doctor.
Socks and tights to prevent the need for everyday wear and to wear in the morning, before getting out of bed. It is very important to wear the Jersey, so as not to damage. Correctly selected size socks fit well, never pressured and do not slip.
In our time, orthopedic stores offer a huge selection of compression socks, also available are models for pregnant women. They are made in new technologies that can make the product, which are not only useful, but also beautiful. Pantyhose for women, which are presented in a variety of colours, you can also buy transparent designs with beautiful patterns.
There are many procedures that help in the prevention of varicose veins or in the early stages of the disease. But all physiotherapy must only be used after visiting the specialists. The doctor can define, whether you to visit the physiotherapy and which is the better. Often with varicose veins prescribed therapy press.
Home the prevention of varicose veins on the legs, swelling and pain is possible with the help of water procedures. A shower is a powerful tool that allows you to tone blood vessels, improve microcirculation in the tissues, make the skin the outer skin healthy and young. If you have already begun to suffer from varicose veins have to omit the feet to the ankles.
It is very important to carry out the procedure. If you want to do this, you can loop the legs of a shower or to fill two tubs with water, which in turn is reduced to the legs. You must comply with the following rules:
- The water should be comfortable, cold, but not icy. Or hot, but not boiling water.
- Start the process with warm water in it that the feet are in need of 2 to 3 minutes.
- The footprint of the move in cold water for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Repeat the manipulation of no more than 4-fold, the total procedure time should not exceed 15 minutes.
- If you want to complete the procedure you need cold water.
Many patients prefer methods of traditional medicine in the prevention of varicose veins. Folk remedies, that can be very effective, helping to reduce the unpleasant symptoms at the end of the working day and improve the condition of the feet.
The prevention of varicose veins in the legs can be effected by the following means:
- Baths with herbs completely relax your feet after a long day of work. Prepare a warm bath, a beer, three tablespoons of chamomile flowers in two cups of boiling water and leave to stand for at least 60 minutes to charge under the hood. In one hour you can decant the decoction, and pour into bath with warm water, put the foot, ankle and hold for 15 minutes.
- Baths with sea salt to improve overall health, normalize blood circulation and nutrition of tissues. For this procedure, you must call in the tub with warm water, not more than 38 degrees and add half a Cup of natural salt. Taking a bath is necessary for 15-20 minutes.
- Very effective for the prevention of varicose veins fresh juices. Are thin blood, not allowing her to stay in the lower limbs. Prepare juices according to different recipes most popular: Carrots+fresh spinach, in the ratio 10:6; Carrot+fresh spinach+fresh beet, in the ratio 10:3:3.
- Ointment of garlic is recommended by many traditional healers. For prevention, you need to use this tool once every three months, the course of the week. Prepare as follows: you need the fresh garlic and chop and mix it with butter. Means to be rubbed into the feet at night, top the roll up the parchment and wrap. In the morning, the ointment must be washed off.
- Vinegar restores the elasticity of blood vessels and normalizes the blood circulation, Apple cider vinegar is also much solves the stagnating processes. To prevent varicose veins, you will need every evening, moisten a cotton pad in raw Apple cider vinegar and wipe your feet along the vein.
- The most simple, popular and effective tool that helps get rid of stagnant processes in tissues and reduce inflammation and pain, cabbage leaf with honey. A poultice is prepared very simply. Cabbage leaves should be washed and thoroughly knead, so he let the juice, you can knock it with a hammer or poke with a fork. On the kneaded sheet with a thin layer of natural honey and apply to the skin. When all sheets are stacked, it is necessary to fix them with cling film and go to sleep and in the morning remove the bandage and wash your feet. Perform the following procedure should be courses or in those days, when leg.
By taking into account the preventive measures, do not forget the factors that can trigger the disease:
- To prevent varicose veins, it is necessary to abandon the constant wearing of shoes with high heels. The shoes should be comfortable and natural, do not push and do not chafe.
- Not worth it for a long time to sit in the posture "foot to foot", as in this position experienced in Vienna.
- Underwear, socks, stockings and tights you need to choose a size, not compression of the legs and never the pressure.
If veins already have the bumps, some prevention measures are not enough, it is better as soon as possible, visit phlebologist. In the initial stage of varicose veins can be treated conservatively, but in severe cases need surgery. Lack of treatment can lead to the formation of trophic ulcers and subsequent amputation of her leg.
It is important to understand that your feet do a lot of load every day, so they must be protected. Take gymnastics, but also give your feet time to relax. Need to try not to gain weight so as not to create unnecessary problems on your feet. The proper and active lifestyle is the key to beauty and health of the legs and the whole body.