Varicose veins in the legs is the most common disease, which has a negative impact on blood circulation, not only in the lower limbs, but also of other organs and systems. Pathological process, which covers both large and small vessels.
What are varicose veins
Disease is a pathological dilatation, with thinning of their walls and formation of nodes. Varicose veins on the legs, which are caused by disorders in the functioning of the valve apparatus veins. Most often, the pathology affects females.
The mechanism of development of disease is associated with venous tone, due to which the normal circulation of blood through the veins in the lower extremities.
In the context of the action is a muscular pump, which is under pressure. If the tone of the vascular walls is reduced, then it comes to the congestion, causing further pathological condition. Excessive pressure on the veins, helping to change their shape, become tortuous.
Varicose veins, which covers the lower limb, has the following stages of development:
- Stage 1 (payment). Clinical signs are absent. The exam can detect more transparent through the skin of the vessels.
- Phase 2 (subcompensation). There is a marked extension of the walls of blood vessels, accompanied by a bright the symptoms.
- 3 stage (decompensation). In addition to the formation of hypodermic nodes, ulceration of the veins occurs, changes in the status of the skin in the affected area.
The advanced stage varices often leads to severe disease — thrombophlebitis.
The causes of disease and predisposing factors:
- genetic predisposition;
- decreased tone of the vascular walls may be a congenital pathology;
- pregnancy (there is a compression of the retroperitoneal veins growing uterus);
- permanent long stay in a static position (standing, sitting);
- lifting weights;
- wearing tight belts and corsets, which prevents normal blood flow;
- a poor diet with a predominance of fat and lack of fiber;
- hormonal disorders;
- oral contraceptives for a long time;
- chronic constipation;
- lack of physical activity.
Varicose disease of the lower extremities can be caused by wearing tight and uncomfortable shoes.
Symptoms of varicose veins
The first signs of the disease:
- foot pain and discomfort in the end of the day;
- a lot of weight in the lower limbs and swelling;
- the appearance of spider veins;
- restless leg syndrome at night.
With the development of the disease shows a whole range of problems:
- increased pain, which can occur at any time of the day, worse at night or in a longer stay in one position;
- it disappeared the feeling of tingling on the skin;
- bloating in calves.
In the final stages of varicose veins, the skin becomes dry and itchy. There are small bumps and erosion, the evidence of trophic disorders. The foot become unbearable pain, the swelling, which are present not only in the evening, but in the morning.
Varices are typical symptoms, therefore, it is difficult to determine. At first, through the skin, the clear Glow of the purple and blue veins. Through the time in Vienna becomes more convex and a similar elastic cord that is stretched across the leg. In this case, the vessel, which are not smooth and soft, with seals, that the development of the disease may not go away.
The diagnosis of varicose veins includes the following methods:
- Duplex treatment. This mode of study, which helps determine the parameters of blood flow and for the identification of the stagnation in the pathological areas. By using this method there is the possibility to diagnose the initial stage of clot formation.
- Ultrasound of the veins. This method allows to identify vascular tone and the smallest changes in blood flow with varicose veins. It uses an ULTRASONIC sensor, which is used for some of the points, along the projection of the veins.
- Rheovasography. The lower limbs are attached to the electrodes which pass a high frequency current in the tissue. The doctor gets the chart indicates the presence or absence of varicose veins.
- A blood test. Used to determine the amount of cholesterol, which may become a factor for the occurrence of complications. In addition, disclose the ability of the blood to coagulate.
Sometimes it is to confirm the diagnosis of can be used x-ray methods.
Treatment of varicose veins
Treatment of the disease consists in a holistic approach. So therapy is directed at eliminating the causes of a pathological process. The use of medicinal products, folk remedies, compression underwear. In most cases, varicose veins of the lower extremities treated with surgery.
Treatment with medications
Drug therapy is aimed at maintaining vascular tone. Preparations for oral administration, and ointments help to prevent further progression of the disease, but not cure. This used drugs that strengthen the vascular walls. Cream based on horse chestnut gives a good result with regular use.
Popular ways for varicose veins helps to get rid of the bright the symptoms. At the same time the use of herbs, which are used to make decoctions and to make gadgets. The most effective of them: jade, yarrow, rosemary, geranium leaves, etc. During pregnancy, this treatment is excluded, but you can use tinctures and lotions of plant origin.
With varicose veins in poor condition, without means will not help, the only treatment is surgery. The doctor uses drugs that are injected into the affected vein, which contributes to the bonding of its walls. As a result, the vein becomes invisible. In the severe stages of the disease using microsurgical techniques, etc ..
The prevention of varicose veins is to maintain vascular tone, the constant changing of poses, if the work requires a long sitting or standing.
It is also important to remember to exercise, eat right, and at the end of the day, to take a horizontal body position with legs raised, thus creating a reverse current of the blood.
Useful, swimming and Cycling.
Further progress of varicose veins of the lower extremities, can be prevented by wearing compression underwear and elastic bandages. In this case, the affected veins to shrink, their extension becomes impossible.
Diet for varicose veins, helping to prevent the development of disease. It is important to exclude from the diet fried and greasy food, fast food, refuse food and dry. You need to eat more fiber and cereals. Additional benefits of nuts and fruits. It is recommended that you drink up to 2 litres of clean water per day.
Complications of varicose veins
If varicose veins run, can cause dangerous consequences. The disease can reach a larger number of vessels. Disrupted and blood flow, the person experiences constant dizziness and may lose consciousness. Disease in men extends the veins of the testicle, provoking the development of varicocele. In women, the vasodilation of the uterus, which increases the risk for bleeding.
Varicose veins in advanced cases, the resulting trophic ulcers that do not heal for a long time and can lead to infection. This complication is difficult to treat. If I join a chronic infection that may develop sepsis.
A clot with varicose veins often leads to inflammation of the blood vessels. There is consolidation, painful to the touch.
The danger of the disease is that may lead to detachment of a thrombus obstruction of the pulmonary or cardiac of the arteries, which can result in death.
Thrombophlebitis can occur with the merger of a bacterial infection, which contribute to the creation of the sores.
Varicose veins in pregnancy
Varicose veins in pregnancy can progresses, is associated with weight gain and growth of the fetus. The treatment of a disease in the period during which the child is to use gauze dressings and ointments. It is important to always keep your feet in the supine position and to avoid prolonged sitting or standing.