Varicose veins in the legs causes discomfort, which affects the aesthetic perception, reduces the quality of life. In the days of Hippocrates, to get rid of varicose veins was a radical manner. In this article we will discuss how to get rid of varicose veins on the legs.
Modern methods include both conservative treatment and minimally invasive techniques. Radical therapy also has undergone several changes that reduce the effects of surgery, to reduce rehabilitation period and to achieve the results with less cosmetic damage.
For each stage of the disease can be used for your treatment of varicose veins. There are currently no medications that would allow you to completely get rid of varicose veins on the legs. However, with complex effects on the disease in an early stage, conservative treatment can improve the status of the venous system, to determine its performance and reduce the risk for the progression of varicose veins.
Drug treatment of varicose veins
The modern pharmaceutical industry is constantly improving the composition of the product from the varicose veins. In addition to the synthetic drugs are produced preparations based on vegetable and animal raw materials. This is especially true because a large number of patients with varicose veins — pregnant women, for which it is important to medications that will not harm the development of the embryo. Standard treatment regimen includes:
- Drugs that strengthen the vascular wall, the tone of the vein and valve system, normalize blood circulation, reduces inflammation, prevents the formation of edema, pain and weight in the legs.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs – nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs – modern drugs that effectively act on different mechanisms in the inflammatory process, relieve pain, which are significantly less side effects in comparison with steroids.
- Medicines blood thinners – this group of medications, which includes assets, mainly on the basis of natural ingredients, herbal substances, and leeches. These medications help to normalize the condition of the blood, increase the flow of blood, prevent the formation of blood clots.
- Medications from a blood clot is a group of medicines that is indicated for venous thrombosis. Included in the natural or synthetic active substances, the dissolution of blood clots in the near-wall influence of large clots, overlying the cavity of the veins.
All groups are used for varicose veins medicines produced in pharmaceutical forms for external use (ointment, gel, cream, spray, etc) and internal use (tablets, capsules). Drug treatment gives good results in combination of the action – inside and outside.
Many drugs used in the prevention of varicose veins or after surgery as maintenance therapy. To completely get rid of the pathology of the medications do not help, but to reduce symptoms and to stop, especially in the initial stages of the symptoms of varicose veins – this is true. With the proper prescribing and compliance with physician recommendations of medical therapy is indicated for the treatment of varicose veins on the legs.
Physiotherapeutic methods of treatment
For conservative methods of treatment of varicose veins of the legs includes physiotherapy techniques. If in the initial stages of an effective massage is in the later stages of varicose veins there is a risk of thrombus detachment and thus massage, as a rule, not be granted. However, there are a large number of instrumental methods, which act as symptomatic and causes dilatation. Contemporary physiotherapy uses the following methods to get rid of varicose veins:
- The magnetic-laser effect, which removed the swelling turns out to be a large impact directly in the vein and tissue surrounding the venous bed. The method used in any stage of the disease. Simultaneous operation of both magnetic field and laser radiation, reduces inflammation, improves microcirculation in the vicinity of the vessel, restores vascular and lymph drainage.
- Laser therapy is used at any stage of the disease. The use of a laser beam of a certain wavelength illumination of the area of damaged veins on the legs. This procedure is used to regenerate damaged blood vessels and tissues, has analgesic, anti-inflammatory effect, prevents the escape of the liquid part of the blood in the veins. Laser therapy is a very precise method of exposure. It is under the control of the two-sided printing, scanning, and the laser beam operates strictly at a certain depth, which does not affect healthy areas.
- Magnetotherapy with the use of currents of low frequencies, which contributes to the normal transport of blood, relieves swelling, eliminates the feeling of heaviness and pain in the legs. Pulsed magnetic therapy creates eddy currents, which stimulate and tone, not only in Vienna, but the muscle fibers around the affected vessels.
- Intermittent pneumatic compression provides "massage" the blood vessels, normalizes blood flow, stimulates the walls of blood vessels, eliminates and relieves the symptoms of varicose veins. Thrombophlebitis this process is contraindicated, however, called for the prevention of deep vein thrombosis. In addition, pneumatic compression to simulate the operation of the venous muscle pump, improving the flow of blood from the deep veins.
- The second procedure, which is performed with the use of micro-shocks, which affect similar to acupuncture. With a view to normalize the status of the vessel, using the device with different attachments, moving up from the bottom of the unit microcurrents stimulate blood flow in the leg veins.
- UHF – method of ultrashort radio frequency therapy for a long and successful help to get rid of varicose veins. Vessels that are exposed to continuous high intensity magnetic field, not only recovered, but also normalizes blood flow. The method of the anti-inflammatory effect. Thanks for UHF normalized cellular nutrition and increase the barrier properties of the organism.
- Cryotherapy helps to get rid of varicose veins because of the tone of blood vessels, promote blood flow, which provides the metabolic processes in the walls of blood vessels and tissues of the leg. Sore strain of Vienna, which is exposed to a coolant and in response to the "freezing" of the body, activates the regenerative functions.
- Ozone therapy helps to get rid of varicose veins in the initial stages. Noted that small amounts of ozone contributes to the normalization of the blood, prevent blood clots, increase blood flow and tissue nutrition. Oxygenated tissues to restore their normal functioning.
In addition these methods are used in different applications, with the healing mud, ozokerite, clays, bee products etc is an Effective, hydrotherapy, balneotherapy.
If conservative treatment does not help to completely get rid of disfiguring leg veins, then use the methods of radical treatment and minimally invasive hardware the impact.
Methods of surgical treatment
Many people are afraid of surgical treatment of varicose veins, the pain, the blood, may be the dreaded post-surgical scars. Modern methods of surgery permit not only to remove the diseased veins and redirect blood flow, but also for the preservation of the cosmetic appearance of the legs. Even radical removal phlebectomy is increasingly produced with the help of the micro-incisions. A good alternative to surgical removal of the veins is Stripping.
The result of the procedure, the doctor also removes the vein with special probes. Incisions under local anesthesia, is performed in the inconspicuous place at the beginning and end of the affected vein. So you can get rid of the veins of any diameter.
A popular minimally invasive methods of dealing with varicose veins, such as:
- Laser and radiofrequency ablation;
- Phlebectomy, etc
But, in order for all of these methods can effectively get rid of varicose veins you should:
- lead an active way of life;
- to get rid of bad habits;
- to normalize the power;
- wear compression socks;
- the implementation of preventive examinations phlebologist;
- to prevent varicose veins to accept funds for the veins.
Is it possible to get rid of varicose veins. Only the complex therapy, developed by an experienced physician can provide durable remission of the disease and when lifestyle changes and physical activity for the extension is to the end of life.