Varicose disease of the lower limbs occurs due to various reasons which can be attributed to 3 groups: impaired blood clotting, damage to the vessel wall, stasis changes in the surrounding tissues. Etiological factor that affects the treatment, but medications cannot be confined in the extended part of Vienna.
Varicose veins: causes
With increased blood clotting, which are the precondition for the formation of blood clots. Hormonal changes cause the abnormal heart rhythm, reduce the tone of venous walls, long-term change.
Damage to the venous wall may be traumatic, the physical, chemical, bacterial. In autoimmune diseases, however, is a thinning of the venous wall due to destruction by antibodies. With a slight effort should be to highlight barriers to the collection of blood.
The increased pressure in the container may occur due to the compressive pressure of the surrounding tissues. Varicose veins this combination is complicated. Probably the formation of venous ulcers.
Predisposing factors of varicose veins of the lower extremities:
- Obesity – varicose veins negative in terms of prognosis. Excess fat increases pressure on the veins can contribute to congestive changes;
- Poor diet, eating foods with fiber contributes to the violation of vascular permeability. Increase in the diet fiber content can reduce the entry of toxins in the intestines. A sedentary lifestyle is an important factor that leads to obesity, impaired venous circulation;
- Most people who are exposed to the risk of complications in a sitting or standing position. A negative impact is damage to the valves of the veins. Corsets and tight underwear contributes to compression of blood vessels in the groin area. Increased intra-abdominal pressure when the external compression of the veins for a long time, it becomes quiet cause changes in the lower extremities;
- Wearing shoes with a high heel – not physiological. This process promotes the stretching of the muscular-ligamentous apparatus, which leads to congestive changes in the vessels;
- The valves are able to completely block the vessel, leading to congestive changes in the lower extremities. On the background of the pathology of the walls of the venous system of overtraining, which form a venous node;
- Genetic predisposition, caused by mutations of the apparatus of the gene responsible for the structure of the walls of blood vessels. Defects in the protein increasing the permeability of blood vessels, form permanent inflammatory changes, swelling due to sweat fluid through the damaged membrane. The weakness of the vessels, which leads to increased pressure venous. The result – varicose veins;
- Hormonal disturbances during pregnancy increase the levels of estrogen and progesterone, which influence the formation of vascular blood clotting factors. Reduction of the tone of venous walls in the background pathology leads to the deformation and clogging of the blood vessels;
- Diabetes is a pathology, which leads to lowering the level of glucose in the blood, which creates a favourable environment for the development of blood clots;
- Alcohol abuse also leads to thickening of the blood, increases the risk for blood clots in the veins;
- Long walk, the forced sitting position – predisposing factors for varicose veins;
- Inadequate nutrition, heavy lifting, slow the flow of blood to the heart, the development, the stagnation of the predisposing factors for pathology;
- Chronic constipation, together with increased intra-abdominal pressure, difficulties outflow of blood from the lower extremities;
- Dehydration under the influence of intensive sun rays causes thickening of the blood, accelerates the formation of blood clots;
- Venous insufficiency, congenital defects contribute to the pathology of cardiovascular activity;
- Overdose medication increases blood clotting, leading to blockage of blood vessels by blood clots;
- Surgical intervention contribute to an increase in blood volume, increase the likelihood of thromboembolism.
Varicose veins on the legs is polietiologic disease. Patients typically there are several reasons that have led to the development of the disease.
Varicose veins of the lower extremities: symptoms and treatment
Signs of varicose veins is specific for the diagnosis. Distinguish 2 forms of the disease, depending on the characteristics of etiological factors, primary secondary.
In the basic form is associated with the weakness of the venous walls, which occur under the influence of congenital or acquired factors. Secondary disease develops under the influence of other causes.
Causes of varicose veins on the legs:
- Swelling of the skin;
- Pigmentation (darkening);
- Pain syndrome in the evening and in the afternoon;
- Trophic skin changes (eczema, dermatitis).
Primary varicose veins associated with weakness of the venous walls, the development of obesity, proliferation of connective fibres. A secondary pathology is caused by infringement of outflow of venous in trauma and tumors. The rate of increased stretching of the venous walls is unpredictable. In pathology, an increased risk of thromboembolism, which may end with death. Usually blood clots, that are localized on the legs, however, there are cases of embolism from the venous system of the arms or the abdomen.
Secondary complications of the disease – the wound. Even minor scratches in violation of trophism can contribute to the formation of ulcers on the legs. With pathology, it is difficult to handle, when referring to the doctor. Treatment lasts already for several decades, so it's time to go to the doctor.
Every day doctors have to deal with the bleeding. If the disease is started, the veins protrude above the surface of the skin. The pathology which leads to thrombosis with irreversible consequences. Continuously monitor the venous system. In order to prevent pathological changes, which should be connected thrombophlebitis with irreparable consequences.
The uniqueness of the extension of the vein wall pain syndrome occurs only in the initial phase. Gradually, the receptors get used to the pain, so the wider Vienna, less pronounced pain.
Symptoms of varicose in the early stages:
- Burning sensation;
Through the venous valves, the blood must move in the opposite direction. With their failure develops reverse flow, so the development of stagnation. The accumulation of blood in a particular location, creates the conditions for the formation of blood clots. A similar picture is observed at infringement of technology of surgery of varicose veins. At the site of injection moulded inflammation, which provides the possibility for the formation of blood clots, increases the adhesive properties of the vascular wall.
The classification of thrombosis according to the current:
Acute thrombophlebitis develops quickly. In the city of translations in the clot experiencing pain, redness, dilation of the vein.
A chronic course is characterized by severe signs. Pain in the pathology of a regular character. The patient suffers from pain after exercise. Puffiness eliminated by elastic compression. Patients are advised to wear a special bandage.
Medical and surgical treatment
A medicine for the treatment of varicose veins of the lower limbs does not allow you to completely get rid of the disease. In contrast, the permeability of the walls of the vessel, congestive changes there are new blood clots, which need to be addressed immediately to prevent pulmonary embolism and death. For these purposes, the use of anticoagulants in the form of oral tablets, local cream. To relieve inflammation anti-inflammatory ointments is recommended.
In addition to medication is a popular treatment, physiotherapy (magnet, the track "Bike", physiotherapy). To eliminate skin rashes recommended decoction of oak bark, chamomile, st. john's wort.
Surgical removal of varicose veins on the legs – types, principles of treatment
The above-mentioned techniques, which are currently used less frequently because there are more and more popular surgery.
Sclerotherapy intravenous injection of the adhesive substance, which is in the early stages of the disease in several sessions eliminates varicose veins. The process includes the introduction in the site of special substances that promote the game at the end of the vein lumen.
Segmental procedure, short Stripping – in which the ends of the veins are stuck with adhesive tape. Removal of the affected vein nodes is carried out with the help of endoscopic equipment. Phlebectomy allows the removal of thrombus through small incisions.
Coagulation of the affected vein laser is a modern procedure that allows to produce the excision of the tissue with a knife.
Indications for surgical phlebectomy:
- A significant expansion of saphenous veins;
- The risk of thromboembolism;
- Trophic disturbances of the skin;
- Acute thrombophlebitis;
- Swelling, severe fatigue of the patient.
It is impossible to carry out operations in pregnancy, severe infection, coronary disease, inflammation of the lower limbs, pyoderma, eczema. The only way of treatment of diseases varicose veins deep vein for the correction of the operation of the valve apparatus – a surgical operation.
Laser therapy is suitable for patients with diseases of the heart and the circulatory system, urogenital system, increases blood pressure, when surgical intervention is contraindicated.
For getting rid of the unpleasant vascular pattern statements can be made radiofrequency coagulation. The advantages of the operation is painless, without cosmetic defects of the skin, reduction of earnings.
Indications for sclerotherapy disease pathology in duplex Doppler ultrasound, varicose veins in the early stages. The disadvantage of the process – getting the sclerosant into the deep veins, reducing the effectiveness of treatment in advanced cases.
Treatment of chronic varicose veins
In chronic varicose veins should use elastic compression. For these purposes, developed the program:
- Compression socks class 1-2 with 0 degrees;
- Elastic compression stockings class 1-2 with mono therapy, physical therapy, with a 1 degree;
- With 3-4 degrees it is recommended that elastic compression socks 2-3 class with continuous therapy, local treatment with ointments, physical therapy.
Complex conservative treatment includes anti-inflammatory agents, local, anti.
Before the abuse of certain therapies protect standardized scheme of treatment of varicose described drug. Determine the multiplicity, the dose can only doctor.
Also a magnet with varicose veins of the lower extremities is used strictly in accordance with the statements. After the procedure you should assess the nature of the local changes.