Many modern people find varicose veins associated with the polluted environment, unhealthy diet and way of life, too many activities and lack of sleep. To avoid complications, it is advisable to treat this problem from the beginning. Then we consider how to recognize the symptoms of varicose veins on the legs of women, to provide timely help.
What is varicose veins
Varicose veins is a common disease among women and men. Previously it was age, but now you've been sick for twenty years. This pathology is characterized by venous congestion, causing disrupted blood flow and vessels that are under pressure.
As a result, to lose their elasticity and swell. On the surface of the skin, they are bumps in the veins, which will eventually darken, swell, and bring a strong pain. Also varicose veins hinder the circulation of blood throughout the body, which can lead to the development of other related diseases.
Women are more likely to develop varicose veins than men. According to statistics, among the patients women almost four times more. This is due to the fact that they have more reasons for the development of these diseases, for example, child bearing and the load on the lower limbs, wearing heels and less physical activity.
Varicose veins are not only a cosmetic problem. Poor circulation can lead to the development of many cardiovascular diseases. Due to violations of venous blood flow to all the organs and systems get the blood completely.
As the transport function and supply the entire body with nutrients and oxygen. Due to the obstruction of the blood vessels in the legs. The bad blood that goes to your other organs. This could cause oxygen starvation.
In medicine distinguish 6 main stages of development of varicose veins. When the disease begins, patients will not feel any symptoms. Only to appear spider veins on the legs, which are completely painless.
This is a signal that has a broken limb blood circulation. At this stage, it is deemed to be zero. If not treated, the disease will progress and manifest itself in the following stages:
- The first phase, which is characterized by a pronounced vascular pattern on the skin. Sometimes at night, can occur cramps in the calf muscles, accompanied by severe pain. To let go of the cramps, you will need toe of the foot pull yourself struggling.
- In the second stage are added to varicose veins that can be felt and seen visually. After a long walk they hurt and feel a burning sensation.
- In the third stage is the swelling that takes place just after the rest, but during exercise it is.
- In the fourth phase of the development of varicose veins appears eczema, severe swelling, constant itching and pain in the legs.
- 5 and 6, the other is characterized by trophic ulcers, which initially can still be healed. But then the the infected area of inflammation, where the whole time the breeding of bacteria that causes severe pain and an inability to fully walk.
It is worth to know that effective treatment can only in the first three stages. Further, you can only take medication that will keep your feet in that condition without deterioration. Sores for treatment is very difficult. This is a time consuming process, which does not always brings positive result.
Signs and symptoms of varicose veins
With varicose veins accurate diagnosis can be established specialist after a diagnosis.
Independently for believing that the development of the disease with the following symptoms:
- a lot of weight in the lower limbs
- swelling and blueness
- in the bulging veins, the appearance of the tubercles
- cramps, especially at night
- the formation of vascular pattern on the skin
These signs are the signal of the initial stage of varicose veins. When the disease progresses, then there is severe pain, the blood vessels can be seen with the naked eye, the limbs are blue, is an inflammation of the.
Between the varicose veins of the upper layers of the epidermis, the limbs do not get enough nutrition, which causes the skin becomes rough, dry and scaly. You can't do all the warm compresses as Vienna warm prohibited. On the contrary, the dilution of the blood needs cooling. If you want to do this, use the ointment and cream based on mint or eucalyptus.
The main causes of the disease
There are many reasons for development of varicose veins, believed to be the most common among them are:
- Heredity is one of the most common causes. Of course, varicose veins are not transmitted at the genetic level, but for the inheritance is transferred to pathology (e.g., vascular tissue weakness), which develops varicose veins in an early age.
- Sedentary work or excessive exercise on the body are the direct cause of the disease. The long time sits, stands, or lifts weights in the vascular wall can not withstand such loads, and automatically lose their elasticity.
- Women are often disorders in the hormonal level. Excess or lack of progesterone and estrogen, which leads to diseases of the blood and blood pressure lowering. Because of this, the blood can not be fully functional in his body, and finds "weak" places in the blood vessels for the formation of blood clots.
- During pregnancy, when there is a large load on the lower extremities can develop varicose veins. To avoid this, we recommend that you use the cream for prevention, more rest and eat right, that water does not accumulate in the body.
- All blood vessels have nerve endings, which helps maintain their elasticity. If the patient is often exposed to stress and nervous tension, at the end weakens, causing blood vessels become less elastic.
In addition, there are numerous diseases and the reasons for development of varicose veins. In the treatment is very important to establish why the development of pathology, as treatment is not necessary, impact on symptoms and the cause.
Methods of treatment
It should be noted that the treatment of varicose veins is a complex and lengthy process. Unfortunately, the creams and ointments will not help to get rid of the problem, and only temporarily remove the symptoms.
The most effective is holistic treatment in the early stages of the development of this disease. It's worse varicose, the harder is the treatment.
There are a few ways to treat varicose veins:
- Compression treatment without surgery is a drug treatment and wearing compression underwear that gives you the opportunity to pull his leg, not allowing the veins to swell and become inflamed. If there are no special stocking, you can use an elastic bandage.
- In combination with the packs, you can order the lining and the use of creams and ointments on the basis of horse chestnut or walnut. Improve blood circulation and gives elasticity to the blood vessels.
- Medicines that have a beneficial effect on the blood contribute to the resorption of blood clots and strengthen the walls of blood vessels. These drugs improve venous cause blood vessels in tone and relieve pain in the extremities. Its use is not recommended, you need to first consult with your doctor.
- Sclerotherapy is a special method that allows to remove the affected veins without surgery. The doctor injected into a vein specially a drug that inhibits and eventually leads to degradation. This method has contraindications, so you first need to pass the inspection.
- A surgical procedure in which small incisions are made and removes the affected vein.
If varicose veins is in the advanced stage, then only operation will help. All the ointments, dietary Supplements and medicines will not be stored when the vessels are clogged, blood circulation is poor and my feet are constantly swollen and turning blue.
The implications and complications
If the varicose veins do not start treated immediately, it can give complications in the form of other diseases:
- Thrombophlebitis is a disorder that occurs due to the accumulation of dense particles in the blood that clot. This overshadows the venous passage and interferes with flow of blood. Because of this, there is an inflammatory process on the inner walls of the blood vessels, pain, heaviness in the limbs.
- Trophic ulcer is basically in the final stage in the development of varicose veins. It is characterized by the formation of the unhealed wounds that still ooze, bleeding and pain. This causes severe inflammation, which cannot be removed at home. Full of trophic ulcers of the infection, necrosis of tissues or development of gangrene.
- Bleeding from the varices, which occurs in the case of severe damage of the blood vessels. In the initial stage of varicose veins, they just deform where there are small nodes due to blood stagnation. If does not help, the situation damaged vessels will worsen, and will not be in the gaps, which will begin to bleed. Because of this, there is a strong hematoma in the region of the node, pain. Sometimes it can damage the surface of the epidermis, due to which the bleeding will be constant.
- As varicose veins infringe the traffic, we are talking about incidents, not to mention overall health. It often happens, hypertension – elevated blood pressure, and oxygen starvation of organs due to the lack of blood flow and oxygen in it. Often underlying medical conditions can heart failure, myocardial infarction, stroke and other cardiovascular diseases.
We must not forget that the body has in itself a mechanism which can fully function only in the case when all organs and systems are in good condition.
Preventive measures against varicose veins
The prevention of varicose veins, must be from young to old do not face this problem. Among the most effective methods are the following:
- Setting the correct mode of the day, so that the load is always confused with the rest. This will relax the muscles, tone the body and improve blood flow. When sedentary work, it is recommended to move more, walk, do a short jog. If at the end of the day, tired legs after strenuous exercise or a long stay on the heels, then the legs should be placed above the level of the body to restore blood circulation.
- Women are not advised to constantly go for shoes with high sole, for example, at work you can change the boots to go low.
- Exercise will help to strengthen the entire body to increase immunity and improve the condition of blood vessels. Varicose veins effective sport be considered, Cycling, swimming and athletics. We must remember that excessive load on the feet have a negative impact on the blood vessels.
- Proper diet. Anything that gets in the body, then seeps into the blood. Therefore, it is necessary to give priority to a healthy and enriched food, to avoid the condensing of blood and the formation of cholesterol plates, which clog the gap and cause varicose veins, thrombosis, atherosclerosis and other diseases.
- For the blood in the veins is very helpful, the shower. The alternation of warm and cold water helps to Wake up in the morning and remove the signs of fatigue in the evening.
In summarizing it should be noted that varicose veins are more often women, therefore, would need to pay more attention to preventive measures.
If you have the first symptoms of the disease, consult a physician immediately to have it examined and prescribed therapy. This is a conservative treatment for varicose veins is possible only in the initial phase.