A healthy human venous blood from the legs to the heart are under pressure, which is in the normal state, it is sufficient to overcome the earth's gravity. The disruption of this mechanism, the body is forced to increase the pressure to push the blood upwards.
The result of this process leads to valve insufficiency, which is characterized by the flow of blood into the superficial veins from the deep. As the pressure in the interior of the vessel is increased, and their walls to lose their elasticity, flexibility, stretch, and empty, which leads to the formation of a visible subcutaneous nodules of blue color.
Varicose veins are not only impairs the external balance on four legs, but it includes a lot of problems, some of which is able to chain a person in a wheelchair, while others even lead to death.
The reasons for the development of varicose veins of the lower extremities:
- Increased levels of progesterone in a woman's body. This hormone has a negative impact on the state of the venous wall and the valves, which is weak and vulnerable.
- Congenital anomalies the valves or the vein wall, the lack of connective tissue, poor penetration to the deep veins, a genetic predisposition.
- Tumors located on the feet, in the abdomen.
- Injuries of the lower extremities.
- Diseases of the endocrine system.
- Joint diseases (osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.
- Long-term use of hormonal birth control.
- A sedentary lifestyle, which often leads to congestive processes in the legs.
- Increased intra-abdominal pressure. This usually happens when the lung disease, or when frequent constipation.
- The excessive weight gain.
- The wearing of tight clothes and shoes.
- The presence of the intake of large amounts of high-calorie and fatty foods, lack of fiber from plant sources.
- Smoking, frequent consumption of alcohol.
During pregnancy varicose veins can occur frequently as it is in this period of global change in the hormone levels and weight gain.
Men with this condition to suffer from, where their way of life, it is associated with heavy physical work, or for a longer stay on my feet – a job. Varicose veins in the legs may occur as a result of some of the sports.
Holistic approach to the treatment of varicose veins of the lower extremities includes the following methods:
- a conservative;
In addition, the rules require a specific diet, exercise, and physiotherapy.
In this way, the treatment of varicose veins of the legs to the affected vein with a needle, injecting the drug, provided the special effects. Vein the walls of both the coalesce and the blood in the vessel is not moving.
This procedure is performed under anesthesia, at the end of the leg wrap. In the future, the patient is recommended wearing compression underwear for the consolidation of the therapeutic effect.
The operation of varicose veins of the lower extremities was assigned to at the expressed symptoms of the disease as it threatens the health and life of the patient. Surgery if varicose veins are of several types:
- The leg is 3, the incision through which the excised the affected vein.
- Pulling the patient's vein through the incision, followed by ligation, in the vicinity of the blood vessels.
- A ligation of the affected veins in the area of the valve.
- The complete removal of the varices, veins, and venous ulcers. This is the most complex type of operation that is prescribed only in the most severe cases.
Varicose veins of the lower extremities is a very serious disease, characteristics, that are 40% of adults. If the time does not begin treatment of varicose of the eye to the legs of the disease, which can lead to complete disability.
— the life style or the work in connection with heavy physical load, prolonged stay in one position (standing or sitting), or constant high ambient temperature;— a significant increase in body weight.
Barriers to the flow of blood through the blood vessels. Such barriers may be the blood clot, the uterus and the tumor.
Stress and diseases of the nervous system. These affect the condition of the vessel. In the wall of the blood vessels have nerve endings, which give them elasticity. When the pressure is on them, they are exposed to different toxins, and the strength of the gleam of the vessels, which have lost the tone of the and the spreading.
The arterial-venous crossings. Such a transition can occur, due to the pressure of the blood flow of red blood cells.
Sports overload. At the risk of the fans to raise the bar in the gym. In the presence of a predisposition to varicose veins too much feet excessive exercise and heavy lifting are prohibited.
The uncomfortable clothes and shoes. Quite tight clothing such as skinny jeans can cause varicose veins. Also, the harmful tight shoes and high heels. When choosing shoes, give preference to the wide sole, the wider the sole, the less of a load on your feet.
All of these factors can contribute to varicose veins, increase the venous pressure and the failure of the venous valves. The result is an abnormal blood flows in the veins of the lower extremities — a reflux (backward flow of venous blood from the deep veins to the superficial).
To the right the flow of blood when the blood flows through the veins of the leg, from the bottom up, this will be achieved by a number of factors: the pressure of the blood in the arteries, the contraction of the muscles of the legs during movement, and the presence of valves in the veins that prevent the backflow of blood.
The failure of these valves to perform their function, causing disorders of the venous flow to the blood, which leads to hyperextension of the veins. Because of this, blood flow becomes chaotic, the blood stagnates in the veins of the lower extremities (especially subcutaneous), the pressure increases, the blood vessels begin to expand.
The weakened walls of the blood vessels of the people in the old age may lose their elasticity. This weakening of the vein walls may cause them to expand.
- The valve failure. When the veins of a man, who, stretched, valves in the veins are damaged. If the walls of the veins weakened and stretched, the valves separated from each other and can no longer keep blood flowing upward, and may be stagnating in your veins.
- Damage to the blood vessels. The damage that can be caused by injury, blood clots, or inflammatory conditions. If there are any problems in the deep veins of the person, which is usually a painful and swollen leg. The swollen blood vessels on the surface, it may be a sign of damage to the deep veins. Varicose veins on the surface of the leg is not associated with dangerous blood clots that can travel to the heart or lungs and cause an obstruction (embolism). All of the clot that is formed in the vicinity of the surface of the body, as a rule of thumb, it will be small. It can be an inflammation, but the clot does not seriously threaten the health of the people.
A number of factors can contribute to the development of varicose veins. These include the following:
- a genetic predisposition to the development of varicose veins;
- type of factors.
- cardio-vascular problems such as blood clots (thrombosis);
- injury or inflammation of the blood vessels;
- chronic constipation can contribute to the development of rectal varicose veins (haemorrhoids).
Life-style factors, which also play an important role to play, and the people, who, for a long time working, up standing, — there is an increased risk for the occurrence of varicose veins. This is, for example, a nurse, a flight players and teachers.
The weakening of the vascular wall, and the valvular insufficiency can contribute to this disease, and the conditions are:
- hormonal changes (pregnancy, menopause);
- the raising of weights;
- the load on the lower limbs due to excess of weight (obesity);
- the lack of movement;
- chronic inflammatory processes (pyelonephritis, rheumatism);
- chronic liver disease (hepatitis, cirrhosis);
- metabolic disorders (hyperlipidemia);
- of the injury, and compression (compression) of the lower extremities;
- hormonal birth control;
- increased intra-abdominal pressure (swelling of the abdominal cavity).