Vein treatment with conservative methods such as medication, physiotherapy and compression socks – a great help in the early stages of the disease (including varicose veins 2 degrees), when swelling, pain, cramps of lower extremities, and there was also a mesh of small vessels on the surface of the skin in this area.
However, if the varicose veins of the lower limbs acquired a running character (stage 3 and beyond), there is a large deformation of the large vessels, acute thrombosis, or vessels, is a disease located in the deep muscle layer, which is most likely, that the time has come for more radical measures.
A Specialist in the field of vascular surgery, is likely to tell the patient that it is necessary for the functioning of the Vienna.
Many patients venous surgical treatment of varicose veins seems to be a very painful, traumatic and life-threatening phenomenon. Causes of varicose operation, despite the urgent advice of doctors, has been postponed to a later date, the disease develops and the patient feels worse.
However, in some cases, surgery for varicose veins on the legs – is the only option for the patient to return to normal life, as after the removal of the diseased veins varicose veins no chance to come back again in the affected areas, he is not in pain and not to worry.
In this article we'll talk about what it means surgical treatment of varicose veins, which types of such procedures that there are, as it happens surgery, as well as on the process of the postoperative period after removal of the veins.
Factors, that surgery is indicated
In order to understand, or varicose operation for a particular patient, it is necessary to determine in which cases the surgical removal of the affected veins when vessels removal on the legs, it seems that it is the most appropriate and effective measure.
Thus, removal of leg veins is shown, if in the following cases:
- Varicose veins of the lower extremities is of a physiological origin.
- Venous disease, acquired neglected nature, veins in the leg, which is very deformed, the body is continually sick, and the swelling subsides. Conservative treatment – medications, compression stockings and folk methods do not bring the desired effect, it is only a slight relief.
- Surgical treatment of varicose veins of the lower extremities is also recommended in the presence of trophic ulcers, struck the integuments of the calf of the leg.
- If the venous blood flow in the calf region is disrupted, so that pain, bloating, and heaviness in the lower limbs not to leave the patient, even after a full night's rest.
- Surgery to remove the veins located in the calf area, and this in the presence of thrombosis in the acute phase of the advancement.
So, in the cases when doctors ' recommendations are intended for the performance of such activities, as is the removal of the veins in the legs.
And if all categories of patients, this radical therapeutic action is allowed, or there are circumstances when it is surgical removal of varicose veins is contraindicated?
When surgical intervention is not welcome
Some patients varicose vein removal is not recommended due to the status of your body and in certain other circumstances. Removal of leg veins, the operational method is not permitted if:
- Have severe cardiovascular disease, including hypertension.
- No need to do surgery, if the patient with a diagnosis of any disease of a communicable nature.
- Surgeons, whose specialty – the field of phlebology, refuses to do the operation and remove the deformed veins, if on the skin of the calf of the leg are obvious injuries, abscesses, signs of eczema and erysipelas of the disease.
- Surgery for varicose veins of the lower extremities is not recommended for seniors whose age limit is 70 years or more.
- In addition, if women who are on the 2. and 3. trimesters pregnancy progresses, varicose veins, surgery is also contraindicated.
In other cases, where there are clear indications for surgery on the veins of the legs can be the most effective way to get rid of varicose veins, which provides the patient's recovery and return to full active life.
So scheduled for surgery of varicose veins in the legs, will soon cease to be a problem of the patient. As preoperative preparation of the patient before venous surgery for leg veins?
What you need to do before surgery
For the first time, the doctor will prescribe a set of diagnostic procedures such as duplex ultrasound vascular examination, the results of which will be known, what action is recommended in the case of minimally invasive (sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation) or the classic operation – the removal of the diseased vessels, which in whole or in part.
As you know, minimally invasive methods of intervention does not involve a lengthy recovery in rehabilitation after surgery is rarely necessary.
In addition to the narrow diagnostic measures, the patient must provide the results of several tests, such as:
- General analysis of blood.
- Biochemical blood analysis.
- The general analysis of urine.
- The results of the tests for serious infectious diseases, such as AIDS, all forms of hepatitis, sexually transmitted diseases. If you experience any of these diseases, in the presence of the probability of a cure, surgery can be postponed for a specified period, after which the patient needs to undergo a re-analysis.
- Therapeutic conclusion. The therapist is a generalization of the data obtained as a result of the research, then the decision on the readiness of the patient to the surgical procedure.
In the case of a positive medical opinion, the patient is issued a direction for the operation, before which he will have to do the immediate preoperative preparation. These measures include:
- A bath or shower.
- Complete removal of hair on lower leg.
- In the case of the classic phlebectomy under full anesthesia, the patient will also need to do the enema in order to clean the body.
There are several types of vein surgery, now more about them.
The classic removal of the patient's venous vessels – phlebectomy is performed under General anesthesia. This is the most serious form of surgical intervention, which involves several steps:
- A special procedure, when the first tractor from the venous tributaries, and then directly to the varicose veins. The deletion occurs at the junction of vessel branches and the trunk of the vein.
This happens in the following way: an incision of the skin and soft tissues in the groin or behind the knee to allow access to blood vessels for further pulling.
- The scaling which is the removal of the venous trunk. Modern surgery is full of methods for this important operational stage, which is the most desirable, which is the extraction of the patient's vessel for further resection with a special probe. This method is recognized as the most gently and without harm to the patient.
- Phlebectomy – removal of varicose tributaries with small cuts of the skin and soft tissue and the subsequent pulling of diseased vessels, which did for further resection.
This operation can be performed as a separate stage of the operation, and independently, when the removal of only a part of the vein.
A much more gentle form of intervention is recognised as sclerotherapy leg veins, in which the affected vessel with a special needle introduced a special substance, which provides a further soldering of the veins and cupping of the blood flow in it.
As a result, the location of the operated vessels, scar formation, and the symptoms of varicose veins are gradually disappearing.
The consolidation is divided into the main types:
- The procedure, when in the desired part of the vessel, prescribed in a result, the duplex ultrasound performed puncture and entry of sclerosant. So is the narrowing of the deformed veins.
- Foam sclerotherapy – soldering of blood vessels using a special foam composition.
Laser and radiofrequency ablation
This minimally invasive surgical measure is considered the most modern and desirable, but for the treatment of deep vein is not suitable. The main advantages of this type of intervention is considered not to require rehabilitation after surgery to remove veins, and any external damage to the skin.
Carry out this operation with the laser light guide is introduced into the diseased vessel, direct the laser beams impinging on the inner surface of the blood vessels and dissolves.
This method is good, and the fact that the repeated recurrence of the disease after surgery on the veins can occur very rarely, not more than 5% of patients.
Surgery similar to laser ablation, is recognised and radiofrequency coagulation, when the patient vessel with a probe oriented microwave ovens cause binding.
This operation is suitable for the varicose veins and large venous vessels.
The possible negative consequences
After the surgery of varicose veins of the lower extremities can be some complications, such cases are very rare, as in most such procedures are in order without additional damage to the health.
So, the consequences of after surgery on the veins of the legs.
- The emergence of large bruises at the site of resection, sometimes accompanied by local bleeding.
- The fever patient in the first three days after surgery. Why is this happening? In the case of subcutaneous accumulation of blood, which is formed in the places of cuts. If the blood came through and accumulated in large quantities under the skin, the result can be inflammation. When the blood formed a lot of, can be formed infiltrates (seals), redness, occurring in the result, the patient needs emergency hospitalization.
- The feeling of numbness of the skin, which appears, if you have been hurt at the end of the nerves. This complication is reversible, you just need to endure, while your body to recover.
- After the classic phlebectomy remaining hematoma, the absorption over time. In sclerotherapy and laser ablation, bruising almost non-existent.
- Swelling. Occurs, not always, but only if the patient is ignoring medical advice after the intervention does not lead a gentle life, continues the load on your calf muscles, not wearing compression socks.
To varicose veins after surgery (especially minimally invasive) does not hit the patient again, you need to carefully follow doctors ' advice on the post-operational period. Among them are:
- Be sure to bandage the leg using an elastic bandage,
on the operated limb was not sick or buy compression socks, compression class will tell the doctor.
- Everything heavier than 10 kilos, to raise in the first 6 postoperative months prohibited!
- Preferably several times a week to devote to physical therapy. These can be sessions in the pool, yoga, Hiking at a moderate pace on a level surface. In addition, there is a special set of exercises for the venous patients, the details of which are better discussed with the doctor.
- You need every day to take drugs.
- On the contrary, the showers will be also very helpful. The temperature range should be around 20 degrees.
Consequences of varicose veins is much better to prevent than to undergo long and painful treatment. Therefore, the following recommendations, which are suitable for patients who have undergone surgery for the removal of veins, and those in the "risk group".
- To enter into the habit of regular sports activities exercise, walking, bike.
- During the working day, the deputy for the position of "sitting" with a small promenade and on the contrary, prolonged standing on his feet with a relaxing holiday.
- Oily, too salty, smoked food, eliminate!
- Replace the strong black teas and coffee with green and white tea, fruit drinks and juices and soda water.
- Wine and other alcoholic beverages shall be a minimum consumption at doses, and by existing varicose veins and postoperative period, to exclude entirely.
- It is also important to stop Smoking tobacco products.
- In the presence of obesity or excess fullness, the weight to be normalize, that sitting on a diet.
- All clothing and footwear must be comfortable, of high quality and made from natural, breathable materials.
Don't forget! Your health is in your hands! Take care of yourself, be careful of your health, do not ignore the warning symptoms.